Thursday, October 5, 2017

Hugging Dad

Rabbi Berg isn't a hugger, so I was so touched by the enthusiastic hug he greeted me with on Rosh HaShannah. I'm also not a hugger, so my response was a tiny bit clumsy.

Once, when I was five or six, and wanted to show solidarity with my father when my mom was yelling at him, I threw my arms around him. He shouted back at her, "Now look what you've made her do!"

Years later, when I was dropping him off at the airport, I tried to hug him and he avoided it by quickly bending over to pick up his suitcase.

Moments after he died, I tried to lean over the hospital bed and hug him. The rail on the hospital bed was too high, so I couldn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I enjoy hearing from my readers and getting a chance to see their blogs, too!