Friday, September 8, 2023

Hekate Enalía

Hail, Hekate Enalía, Queen of the Deep,
Ruler of surging tides and of playful waves rushing across the sand,
Of soft rains and roaring storms, of ancient wells and bubbling springs,
Of morning dew, of mists and fog, and the frozen embrace of ice and snow–
You who rule all waters coursing through the veins of the world, nurturing and transforming.

Hekate Enalía, Mistress of the Sea, I thirst for a vision of you.
You who command torrents and stillness alike,
You who teach us to navigate the untamed waters of existence.
Enalía, Ulu, and Eilat, your names resound through the ages,
Calling souls who remember our beginnings in the primeval sea.
I stand before you as a devotee of this place, this magical world.
Embrace me in your boundless presence and sing to me the mysteries of your realm!

As Queen of the Sea, you hold the keys to its secrets.
As Empress of the Watery Realms above the Earth, you pour your gifts.
Grant me understanding of your heights and depths.
Open the gates to your watery realms,
Cleanse me in your waters, whisper to me your healing melodies.
And as you bind and bend the currents of existence, favor me!

Behold! Your form rises, a mighty torrent in the sky’s soft glow!
Towering above me like a great tsunami,
Adorned with seaweed, cloaked in frothy sea-foam and iridescent shells,
Your majestic presence commands my reverence.
Sea serpents encircle your arms,
And your garments, as dark as the depths of your realm, billow around you.

Melodies flow from flutes and horns of white shell that you hold.
Enalía, Ulu, and Eilat, your names resound through the ages,
Your stories yet untold echo through the eons– let me be your songstress!

Hekate Enalía, Source of Life, who teaches water’s ancient refrain,
Embrace me in your boundless wisdom and empower me with your stormy grace.
O Queen of the Ocean's Depths, guide my journey through life's ever-changing waters.
Guide me to find wholeness amidst life's storms.


This morning I had a wonderful ritual in the Gulf
with Enalía and the Seirínes!
Winged Ladies of the Sea,
Thank you for showing ocean's mystery.
In sand and foam, and crystal tone,
Your magic in my heart is sown.
Io Heka Ulu Ho!

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love this. I think Hekate led me to this blog tonight - and especially this post! Would you mind if I borrowed this call and tried it out? (I'm going to a seaside town next week...love how Hekate arranged for me to find your lovely blog!)

    Could you tell me more about Enalía, Ulu, and Eilat and the relationship these names have to Hekate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad it moved you. Of course you can use it! Enjoy the seaside and let me know how your ritual goes. I love your handle, Dhumavati's Daughter.

      Delete
    2. I'd been working with Hekate for a while and wanted to understand her connection to water, to experience her as goddess of the oceans. Several Hekate websites list the Greek epithet Enalia for her as goddess of the sea. Eilat just means goddess and is the name of the coastal town where I live. When I realized that the rhythm of the piece required a third goddess, I heard the name "Ulu" and just included it. I have found no goddess with that name in online searches, however, over time, I started saying "Ilu" instead-- and Ilu was a local god of the sea here. Io Heka Ilu Ho!

      Delete
    3. Thank you beautiful soul, and thank you also for the explanations! I will adapt the invocation and let you know how it goes. I love how creatively you adapted Hekate to your local environment! <3

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I enjoy hearing from my readers and getting a chance to see their blogs, too!