Monday, July 1, 2024

The Hanson-Roberts Tarot is Delightful!

As a tarot aficionado, few things bring me more joy than getting a new deck. Today, I received THREE decks in a long-awaited package, and I’m thrilled to share my excitement about the Hanson-Roberts Tarot.

Years ago, I would spend hours browsing through deck images on the tarot site Aeclectic.net, and I often considered purchasing this deck for myself. I've always affectionately called it "the little girl's tarot," but after seeing it in person, I realize it's much more than that.

The cards are semi-matte rather than glossy, which gives them a more artistic and adult feel. The artwork is gorgeous, obviously intended to be a tribute to Pamela Colman Smith’s iconic 1909 deck. The colors are vibrant and add a fresh perspective to the images.

It will be interesting to see how changes in the imagery may affect interpretations of the cards. Will I find that meaning has been lost, or that new meanings have been unveiled? Typically, I study a new deck thoroughly before using it, but with the Hanson-Roberts Tarot, I feel compelled to tuck it away safely so that when read with it, the imagery will still be new, surprising, and enlightening.

After my first thorough shuffle of the deck, three cards were revealed that beautifully encapsulate what I hope is the essence of this deck.
The Queen of Wands encourages us to grow spiritually.
The Four of Wands celebrates the fruits of our endeavors.
The Star reveals our consciousness now awakening to new ideas and aspirations.

This deck has already begun to weave its magic! I'm very excited to have it in my collection. Have you had any experiences with the Hanson-Roberts Tarot? I'd love to hear your thoughts about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I enjoy hearing from my readers and getting a chance to see their blogs, too!