Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Tarot Cards and Sacred Signs

For some tarot readers, certain cards are signs of direct communication from a beloved deity or spiritual guide. Inspired by this, I decided to find which cards Hestia might use to get my attention. Over the course of several days I pulled cards, sometimes finding immediate insight into Hestia's choice, and sometimes being left with questions that I know will be answered in time.

I continued this experiment with other beings: Ganesha, Lara the Protector of my Spirit, Shekhinah-Asherah, HaKadosh Barechu, Sarah Immeinu, Holy Mother Leah, and others.

When I asked Hestia which cards would serve as her sign, the Queen of Wands seemed an obvious and fitting choice for the Goddess of the Hearth. 


Shekhinah-Asherah selected thought-provoking cards. Each card offered glimpses into beginnings, transformations, and endings.

As I sat with the cards that will indicate communication from HaKadosh Barechu, I felt a sense of rightness. It will take time for their significance to dawn on me.

Two pair of cards drawn for Ganesha, made me wonder. Each pair included an image of a difficult situation as well as a picture of joy.
 

Sarah Immeinu's card, The Wheel of Fortune, mirrored the ups and downs of her remarkable life. 

Leah's card intrigued me. The King of Cups was more enigmatic than ever, only leaving me with questions: does it signify her love for Yaakov, her recognition of God's power, or her journey to emotional maturity?

Lara revealed a symbol of authority and true power. That message was very clear, telling me to embrace my own strength and assert my influence in the world.

I had encountered Ulmo and Nienna in The Silmarillion when I was in my early adolescence. Those two have continued to resonate with me throughout the years. 

Nienna is the goddess of lamentation and her card which can symbolize a wedding, where a glass is broken under the chuppah because, as was explained by Rabbi Alan Berg, if we can remember our greatest sorrow at a time of joy, then we will be able to remember our greatest joy in a time of sorrow.


Ulmo, Tolkien's God of the Sea, cared deeply for Elves and Men. His realm extended up through all waterways to lakes and streams, so he could hear their prayers and aid those who called to him.

They say everyone has a spiritual guide. Eager to meet mine, I pulled two cards. They are joyful cards whose significance still eludes me.

Over time, I will continue pull cards to find connections to other divine beings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I enjoy hearing from my readers and getting a chance to see their blogs, too!