Tuesday, August 8, 2023

This Post is For You

I find myself falling behind in the series of blog posts that I began to explore the captivating Egipcios Kier tarot deck. Currently, I have three intriguing posts in various stages of "incompletion." I will dedicate tomorrow afternoon to completing one of these pieces, but before I do so, I would like your input on which of the following topics sparks your interest:

Card 24 - The Weaver: I will explore the three goddesses of Fate who manifest in the myths of several European and Indo-European cultures.

Card 62 - Proscription: I will attempt to unravel a few of the intricate threads of idea of power and our intricate relationship with it and with the sources of authority in our world.

Card 9 - The Hermit: I will consider the possible origins of the early Christian inclination towards solitary desert asceticism, entwining it with the symbolism of The Hermit card.

Alternatively, I am drawn to the alluring image in Card 13 - Immortality. The image beckons me to ask, not for the first time, why we so often link harvest and mortality. Could it be solely the influence of the invented folk song, "John Barleycorn Must Die," or is there some deeper more arcane source for the connection of these two disparate concepts that echo in our collective unconscious?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I enjoy hearing from my readers and getting a chance to see their blogs, too!