Friday, November 24, 2023

Acknowledging Power - The Sorcerer's Path to Transformation

The Magician from The Art Nouveau Tarot

I asked the Four Holy Mothers for strength and health and the determination to create an active life. I pulled The Magician card.

Norma Cowie suggests, in connection with this card, that the initial step is to acknowledge the presence of a force and power within your life. This acknowledgment is the first stride towards recognizing the forces at play in the universe, which you can harness to transform your life.

The Magician card signifies the importance of acknowledging these forces before you can tap into their potential. His red and white robes symbolize readiness for action. The infinity sign above his head represents awareness of the universe's available energies. The serpent encircling his waist signifies control over his subconscious mind and his ability to access its knowledge and energy through the umbilical-like connection.

The Magician's raised wand points both to the sky and earth, embodying the concept of "As below, so above," signifying the ability to manipulate earthly and heavenly powers to transform both realms. The white lilies and red roses represent pure thought and desire, which lead to aspiration and action.

The roses that entwine the s'chach over the Magician's head suggest that action is required to attain one's desires. The four symbols he has placed on the table represent tools of tarot, of magic, and of life, suggesting he already has the necessary tools and his own life with which to transform himself.

The Magician understands that spiritual enlightenment requires personal effort. He understands that no one else can do this transformative work for him. He must rely on the powers and laws of the universe. He must have the desire to learn and the belief that achieving his desires is possible.

The Magician card indicates that I have the potential to create my desired reality. I have the ability and tools needed to move forward. The Magician represents the first step: recognizing the availability of power.

Once I’ve accepted the presence of this power, pulling more cards may provide guidance on how to proceed. Possible questions to explore may include:

* How can I sense and tap into the power available to me?
* What are my life goals?
* How can I nurture my creativity?
* Where should I focus my efforts?
* How can I find paid work that allows me creative expression?

1 comment:

  1. I recently had a remarkable reading by Hannah. Her reading of The Magician card once again reveals her depth of understanding. Coincidentally, her understanding of the Magian came at a time when her interpretation was of great value personally. Hannah’s readings are not a one size fits all, but are highly individualized.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I enjoy hearing from my readers and getting a chance to see their blogs, too!