Thursday, December 7, 2017

The Right Place

Just realized that I may be in the right place, or close to it, for the first time in 15 years.

My worldview fits. In contrast, Facebook is filled with comments by and stories about liberal American Jews who oppose recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, and their complete ignorance of recent history. (As I've asked before, "What occupation?")

I began wondering how many of the fellow students who ostracized me made aliyah? I'm betting none.

My dreamworld fits. I've always been drawn to turtles, but whenever I bought a turtle item, it would mysteriously vanish. Even the heavy garden turtle that I put in my yard one day, was gone the next. A couple years ago, I acquired two turtle objects, somehow knowing that they wouldn't vanish-- it was after I made the commitment to make aliyah. Just learned that turtle is the "matron animal" of Kohenet because turtle carries her house/shrine with her wherever she goes.

I have a very good friend in Arlan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I enjoy hearing from my readers and getting a chance to see their blogs, too!