Sunday, October 30, 2016

Go North, Olah, Go North

Why am I in Jerusalem? I wanted to live in the north. Oh, I remember: when I didn't get into that absorption center in the north, I decided to live somewhere familiar where I would meet lots of people.

I've been here barely two days, but this all feels wrong. Mostly, it's me. I'm not the outgoing optimist I was six years ago. Back then, I felt that I belonged to the Land. I wanted to see more than Jerusalem and I still do. There's nothing but pavement here. I'm also not enjoying the clientele at the hostel: missionaries, messianics, and some Jews(?) who seem suspiciously Christian.

I'll contact Nefesh b'Nefesh for help "Going North," but I don't suppose they'll be any help. I'm just going to have to make this work on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I enjoy hearing from my readers and getting a chance to see their blogs, too!