Sunday, July 28, 2019

Update

I've been away from my blog for a year. I had surgeries in March, April, and November 2018. My long recovery continues.

The tayelet in May 2018 with Yakira and John

July 4th at WIZO with Arlan and the Anglim

Botanical Gardens in October with Arlan and Alessandra

November with Tan, Mocha, and Alessandra


Sigd 5780/2018:





Pesach 5781/2019 - visited Jessica and her family in Oregon for Pesach, was hospitalized briefly. Got to talk to Rabbi Berg several times. (Also visited the town of St. Paul.)

Early July 2019 - The Shamanic Global Summit; Daniel Foor was sensitive and intelligent. Laura Perin has had some interesting life experiences. Christine Stevens lead a journey and I asked to meet with the bird that sang for me on the Sigd hike.

Recently, while working on a representation of The High Priestess, I realized there is a canoe in the water behind the tarot figure. I recalled my journeys and pulled a card to ask why an empty canoe often appears.

The card was The Magician. It seemed an empowering card. My empty canoe is a magical tool that does not need a paddle. In the Robin Wood deck, the background is yellow, like the canoe in my representation of the HP, and it has a texture like a woven reed boat.
   

I've found a new drumming track for future journeys. I've been drawing and thinking and today, I re-read the posts about earlier journeys, discovering many things I hadn't recalled.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I enjoy hearing from my readers and getting a chance to see their blogs, too!