Monday, January 11, 2021

Levannah's Cousin Needs a New Name

During the first lockdown, I started feeding the stray cats every evening. One was very very sick and scared. I'd bring her canned food and guard her while she ate. Then one day she disappeared. It made me so sad. Last night, a healthy white kitty startled me by rubbing up against me in greeting and showered me with affection as if we were old friends, and then followed me all around the property.

Some wonderful person nursed this cat back to health. (And the snipped ear suggests a vet was involved, too.)

I've studied the "before" and "after" pictures, and I think it's the same cat! (Tan agrees with me, and she knows cats.) 

I used to call her Boudica because, even as sick as she was, the other cats didn't mess with her. Now, I'm thinking it's a boy cat. I've already named one cat Luna because he has a crescent moon on his back. And Levannah is a girl's name. Sahar is another Hebrew word for 'moon,' but I'm not sure about it.

Before
After
After
After

(Sadly, there has been no sign of Grey Tom.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I enjoy hearing from my readers and getting a chance to see their blogs, too!