Saturday, February 1, 2014

The Love of Friends

During our Pagan Tea Time, Rhyd Wildermuth and I spoke about many things: music, wands, home, family, his studies with OBOD, books, Powells, and Ursula K. LeGuin.

In addition to being nice and interesting, Rhyd showed immense admiration for my boy cat.

At some point during our conversation, I asked him if he really remembered love. He thought about it and said, if I recall correctly, that he remembered what went with it, what his life was like then.

That's all that I recall about romantic relationships, too. It seems to me that friendship is a stronger bond even though it comes without responsibility or expectations. For some reason, the strongest friendships seem to be between people who are very different.

And friendship transcends death. You can accept being separated if you know that you loved and were loved without reservation. You don’t have to cling to promises of another world or reincarnation, because the memory of a friend's love strengthens your soul. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I enjoy hearing from my readers and getting a chance to see their blogs, too!