Thursday, March 13, 2014

Contemplative Tarot - Strength, Bindweed, and the Teacher

This week's cards are all from the Major Arcana. They are the seated figures of Strength, Bindweed, and the TeacherI invite you to use these cards to inspire your contemplative practice and I hope you will share some of your reflections in the comments.



I am afraid, but all around me, nature speaks, 
and deep within me, understanding waits.
Ignite my strength and passion, guiding me to embrace the sacred in all I pursue.
Teach me to recognize and pursue the sacred.

The Strength card reminds us that we gain strength when we embrace our feelings. The artist's affirmation for this card is, "I face adversity with peaceful courage and inner fire." Strength is on the second path of the Major Arcana, which refers to duty and virtue. This card indicates that a person is awakening to his or her own spiritual power.

Bindweed tells us to let go of feelings that paralyze us. The artist's affirmation for this card is, "I bring my life back into balance by breaking free of the fears that keep me trapped." Bindweed is on the final path of the Major Arcana; it is the guardian of this path to a higher realm. It indicates that someone is beginning the path to spiritual enlightenment.

The Teacher represents an advisor, yet discernment is vital if we are to find a guide worthy of our trust. The artist's affirmation for this card is, "I receive my best teachings from nature." This card is on the first path of the Major Arcana and tells us that our experience of the divine can change our lives and the lives of people around us.

I love hearing back from my readers so please
leave a comment. I read each and every one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I enjoy hearing from my readers and getting a chance to see their blogs, too!