Thursday, July 28, 2016

Journey



I entered through the saguaro boot, down its roots, and into the tunnel

Something pushed the soil and created a different tunnel
There were fingers redirecting me
And I traveled through the fur of a bunny rabbit
The new tunnel opened into a tiled hallway

The floors and walls and ceiling were covered in white, bathroom tiles
Someone hurried me in one direction and then back to a different hallway
We descended stairs
And then we were in a subway station
The platform was also covered in white, bathroom tiles
A train came from the left, stopped, and then moved on
We had to wait for another

I was looking the wrong way
There was a track behind me
A train arrived and the doors opened
I was given three lei of pink flowers

Then I saw a man who was sick or dying
He reached out to me and I started to hand him the pink lei

Someone... my power animal, I think... reminded me that I'd been told not to part with the lei
But the man needed them, so I handed them to him anyway and he vanished

It was time to travel back
Dove flew me back to the tunnel

I think I fell asleep before we made it all the way back. Then I dreamed that a flight I was supposed to take was cancelled and we all had to wait for another flight. A stewardess kept telling me that I could take a different flight to a different place. I continued to wait with the other passengers. Finally, I understood that I was the scheduled pilot on the other flight. She explained that I'd be back in time to take the flight to Mexico and spend Passover with my children. I was a man in the dream. I ran toward the other plane, but the airport was designed poorly and I had to climb a ramp that everyone was using to get to their flights.

Edit: I found a used book... "Giving away a lei that had been presented to you was considered most unfortunate. Additionally, it was considered wrong to ask for a lei that another was wearing." - Hawaiian Religion and Magic by Scott Cunningham
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I enjoy hearing from my readers and getting a chance to see their blogs, too!