Friday, July 22, 2016

Journey


Intended to visit the lower world and ask my power animal what I should be doing with my life.

Standing in front of the saguaro I focus on my intention for a long time
Then I travel through the saguaro and tunnel to the cave

I crouch and put my hand in the river and the canoe passes me again

I walk through the water, climb to the roof, and jump across to the grassy opening
As soon as I am standing above the opening, Dove lands on my shoulder
I greet him and then ask my question
He flies us up and into the clouds
We level out and fly through the clouds for a long time
The clouds are cold and damp
I ask him where we are going
I remember the lesson he taught me

Do you want me to descend?

He doesn't say anything

We stay in the clouds
I ask if he's trying to tell me that he can't see the answer
I ask if my vision is obscured

He doesn't respond to any of my questions

We travel for a long time
Eventually, we rise above the clouds
It's light, but I can't see the sun
There's nothing to see
I ask where we're going

We descend through the clouds and I see odds and ends:
a piece of furniture, someone's pet, two women talking and drinking, children's things...
Below the clouds is gray ocean

We continue flying high above the water, but it feels as if we aren't moving forward at all
This has gone on too long, so I "take charge"
I hold him in my hands so that I can do the flying
I take us back toward the coast, trying to cover the distance more quickly than he had
We are soon back by the grassy opening
I say that I understand that he wants me to take charge, but of what?

What am I supposed to be doing?

There are no people around, there's nothing to build

What am I supposed to be doing?

I release him and he sits on my shoulder again, saying nothing

I am going to ask you a slightly different question: should I make aliyah?

He flies toward the water and I follow him

Should I make aliyah?

He pecks at the sand, apparently finding small seeds there

We're back at the grassy opening
I thank him for his time, but tell him I'll be back with the same question

Alone, I retrace my route

I am back

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I enjoy hearing from my readers and getting a chance to see their blogs, too!