Friday, July 15, 2016

Journey


After discussing my journey with Kenny (it seemed significant that the landscape had seemed profoundly devoid of life), he asked if I wanted to journey again. Since I hadn't wanted to come back, I was eager to do so!

He suggested that I make the intention to go back to the place that my last journey ended.


The tunnel from the saguaro was different, but I wound up in the same cave

When I reached the river, the empty canoe floated past again

I climbed out of the hole and walked up the hill past the ruins
It was a hard, long walk over to the top of the steep path that lead to the beach
When I was a third of the way down, I noticed faces in the rock wall of the cliff
I stopped and stared at one; it changed from an animal into an elf(?) and then became an opening
I decided to go in

There was blue light that became purple as I descended
Strange rock structures (not really stalagmites or stalagtites) like strings of minerals
It became very dark and the atmosphere felt different, a little dangerous
I knelt down and reached forward with my hands

In front of me was emptiness instead of a path and I could feel cool air from below
I crawled to my left and found the path again; it was narrower
I stood and moved forward, pressing my front against the wall
Then the ledge became narrower than my foot and I moved back

I was a little scared because the environment seemed hostile
When I saw the opening again, it moved a little, reminding me of a mouth

I stepped outside and found that the path to the beach was gone

I made my way down to a very low and sandy part of the beach

When I reached higher ground, the beach was covered with shells that crunched under my shoes
I took of my shoes so that I wouldn't crush them
They didn't hurt my feet and my weight didn't crush them

Walked along wet sand, sinking into it and feeling the waves take my footing away

Sat on a rock promontory and watched the waves
One made a big splash and I got wet
I looked for life and noticed there wasn't even any seaweed on the beach
Looked up, but couldn't see the church

Got the feeling there were people further down the beach
I turned back and continued to walk along the shore

Suddenly there was another, very large promontory blocking my way
I put my shoes back on and began walking over it
The landscape to my left (above the ocean changed) - strangely shaped rocks several stories tall
It looked alien, not of the Earth

A cave appeared before me, entirely blocking my planned route
I decided to swim around it and went far out in the water, being lifted and lowered by the waves

The music changed and it was time to return... I stood outside the saguaro

Kenny said it was great that I explored the dead-end cave and advised me to always be adventurous
I secretly disagreed-- it felt as if the cave, or someone who created the cave, had animosity against me
It's interesting that I could sense the emptiness in front of me when I was walking on the cave path; I knew to get on my hands and knees to safely check the path
The cave "mouth" was from Star Wars
Odd that my shoes crushed the shells but my weight on bare feet did not
The sensation of walking in the wet sad was very real
The salty water that splashed on me felt real, too
I wondered if I was really in the lower world when that rocky promontory suddenly appeared down the beach
The alien landscape after that seemed, well, alien
I've never swum in ocean, but I imagine waves would feel just like that  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I enjoy hearing from my readers and getting a chance to see their blogs, too!