Sunday, July 24, 2016

The Canoe

During my journeys to the lower world, I usually see an empty canoe, floating down a river. When I once boarded the canoe, there was no paddle, so I couldn't direct it. The message of this canoe may be similar to the message of the tarot card that is usually called The Chariot.
Joanna Powell Colbert describes the paddle as a symbol of power, like a staff or a wand. The canoe represents focus and faith in yourself. The marine life and birds are allies that will help you. If you cultivate will power and clarity within yourself, you can travel confidently toward your goal. Rachel Pollack writes that one must leave the past, even past successes, behind to learn the "ultimate truth about oneself and the cosmos."

Joanna Powell Colbert offers this question for meditation when The Canoe appears in a reading: What goal do I need to focus on? I pulled Strength, developing my sense of personal power.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I enjoy hearing from my readers and getting a chance to see their blogs, too!