Thursday, July 21, 2016

Temporary Power Animal

I was driving from one appointment to the next and realized that there was no way "to get there from here." I needed to turn west on one road, but the road I was currently on would only allow me to turn east onto the road I needed to take. 

I realized that my (temporary) power animal could locate an alternate route for me and wondered if it was okay to bother him with such a request. I decided to ask for his help. 

 The roads in that area are anything but a logical grid, but I easily found my way. "Thanks, Dove!"

In Cave and Cosmos, Michael Harner writes that "teachers in the Upper World do not mind being 'bothered'." I hope that applies to power animals, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I enjoy hearing from my readers and getting a chance to see their blogs, too!