Monday, July 25, 2016

Journey


I had decided to learn how to journey, hoping that I could discover the answer myself. Today, I decided to ask my question.

I went to the saguaro, entered the "boot," traveled down the saguaro's roots, and through the tunnel

I did not see the canoe floating down the river this time

When I came out of the grassy opening, I was overwhelmed by the presence of the ocean
I think that, for a second, I heard the waves
Dove did not appear immediately and I just let myself feel the power of the ocean below

When Dove arrived, I put out my left hand and he landed there
I asked if I could stroke his feathers and he let me
We stood there for a very long time as I admired the texture and sheen of his white feathers

Eventually, I told him that I'd come to ask a question
After I did, he began shuffling back and forth across my finger
He was dancing to the drumming
I laughed, but considered what it could mean
Then he began moving his head to the rhythm, too
I laughed again, but asked him to be more literal, more explicit

He flew away and I followed him, hoping we weren't going to spend hours in the clouds again

Two islands appeared in the distance
It took a long time to reach them, but he only turned around and flew back to the familiar coast line
I playfully chased him around that piece of land and then he landed on my hand again
I stroked his feathers and warned him with mock seriousness I'd be back if I couldn't figure out his message
He took me through the grassy opening and alone, I retraced my path back to the saguaro

I napped for a short time immediately after the journey. When I woke up, the first thing I thought of was the song Waltzing Mathilda.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I enjoy hearing from my readers and getting a chance to see their blogs, too!