Monday, April 13, 2020

Fourth Day of Pesach, 27th Day of Lockdown

I slept through my alarm this morning!

Then I immediately focused on the document for seven hours, with two breaks for Breslov dancing. (It's a document that was translated from Russian to Enlgish for submission to The European Court of Human Rights.)

I finished the last page shortly before cat feeding time, but discovered I was nearly out of dry cat food! I texted Arlan to request four cups of Pascal's cat food.

Outside, I saw a few women wearing their masks on their upper arms rather than their faces, but like me, everyone else, including Arlan, had a mask over mouth and nose.

Arlan described plans he'd made today for a road trip through Italy and eastern Europe. (This trip will be  distinct from his journey through China to reach his high school reunion in California, and to visit states he's never been to before.)


In the news:
  • Bibi spoke this evening. He acknowledged that it had been inappropriate to let his son come over for seder. He announced (to be approved by the Cabinet) another in-house lockdown for the 7th day and for Mimouna (or at least erev Mimouna). His proposed exit plan for corona virus lockdown is for Israel to remain in lockdown until there's a vaccine. 
  • Gantz has just a few hours to form a unity government before his mandate expires. 
  • Gantz's speech was uninspiring, at least to an American.
  • The funeral of former chief Sephardic rabbi, Bakshi-Doro, was held today with just ten mourners in attendance.
  • Satellite images indicate that pollution has dropped 30% over the eastern U.S. since corona measures began. 
  • Some people are complaining about Trump's late response to corona virus. Americans would not have tolerated restrictions three weeks earlier! (I'm a little surprised Israelis have gone along with it, but I guess if you've lived through a few wars, you're more liable to knuckle down in a crisis.)
I will be setting THREE alarms tonight, because I want get up early, review my changes to the document, and get it to Daniil as soon as possible.

The fifth day of the Counting of the Omer begins tonight. Rabbi Sacks's quote for the day is particularly poignant:

To survive tragedy and trauma, first build the future. Only then, remember the past.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I enjoy hearing from my readers and getting a chance to see their blogs, too!