Thursday, April 9, 2020

The day after the seder

The songs of parrots through my open windows woke me. I went outside immediately.


I walked to the top of the hill that is west of my building. On it are the oldest above ground burials in the world.






Despite the sign prohibiting fires, ashes in most of the structures indicate that many a Lag B'Omer has been celebrated in these ruins.


Last night's reading of the haggada had left me with many questions that I marked with post-it stickers. Would the Koren Sacks haggada answer some of them?


I worked on document from HCR Memorial for several hours. Then Daniil sent me a revised version. Arlan and I met after I fed the cats and we talked until dark.


Maya and I spoke over Facebook Messenger in the evening. It was really pleasant to spend time with her. David spoke to me a few times, too.

From Rabbi Sacks Omer calendar: “God believes in us even if we don’t always believe in ourselves. Remember this, and you will find a path from darkness to light.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I enjoy hearing from my readers and getting a chance to see their blogs, too!