Monday, April 6, 2020

Two nights before the Seder

Some news from Israel: El Al is continuing to pick up Israelis stranded overseas, free of charge. Over the next two days, the airline is sending 11 planes to China to pick up 20 tons of medical supplies, including ventilators.

On a lighter note, El Al is also flying to Spain, for a mission called Operation Omelette. Because instead of a run on toilet paper, Israeilis had a run on eggs for our seder plates!

 

Lovely chat with Kelly-Ann. She is safe in Amsterdam, thanks to musical apartments, but getting a little tired of the RWS, the only tarot deck she had brought with her. I caught her up on my transformative weeks just prior to lock-down. She concluded that "the Cosmos is an Israeli dad." When I said I'd like her fashion assistance, she asked who my fashion inspiration might be. Indiana Jones. We also talked music; I'm definitely getting Spotify Premium.

I met Arlan in the park on my way down to the pharmacy. There were some small, black birds who, when they flew, showed wings lined with gold. Arlan could imitate their beautiful song.

It was pretty warm while out when I was walking down to Michlin and I hadn't eaten, so when I was about a quarter of the way there and saw a cab idling on Argaman, I hopped in. Michlin had my prescription, but the pharmacist would only give me a one month's supply instead of all three.

I took the bus home. About half the seats were full and all the passengers kept our masks on. As we drove through my old neighborhood, I was surprised at how happy I was not to live there any more.

I got off the bus near Arlan's place so I could visit the store on my way home. The shop was crowded with as many workers as customers. No one took our temperatures before letting us in. Social distancing was impossible, but I needed cat food, so I stayed.

They were out of dry cat food, but they did have a few cans of wet food left, so I got two for sick, white kitty. (Okay, she needs a name. Maybe Boudica, because she's a fighter.)

After six o'clock, I fed half the cats, then drummed at the foot of the hills before finishing my rounds. Boudica was stronger today and a little less afraid of me. And her vision seemed fine. She had no trouble locating one of the piles of dry food I set down or the wet food I put down specifically for her.

I took a second walk around the complex. Luna, named for the quarter moon on her back, followed me. She hadn't been around the recycling bins when I served food there.

The wind came up magnificently!



 


Bibi addressed the country tonight. On seder night, from 6 p.m. until 7 a.m., we will not be allowed leave our homes. It will be enforced by police and the military. I think it's a good idea. Israelis have been well behaved, but seder night might be everyone's exception; the results would be disastrous.

I must remember to feed that cats an hour earlier on Wednesday evening.

Many people are planning to sing on their mirpesets at 8:30.

In the news: The Dan Panorama Hotel in Tel Aviv is a quarantine sight for people who aren't sick, but have tested positive. And, as I feared, many poor people in India are starving to death in lock-down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I enjoy hearing from my readers and getting a chance to see their blogs, too!