Thursday, April 9, 2020

Erev Pesach

I spent much of yesterday morning in the park. It was such a beautiful a day that neither Arlan nor I could bear to go to our respective homes. We had the whole park to ourselves!

In the afternoon, I prepared for the seder. Then I fed the cats about an hour early so that I wouldn't be out during the quarantine hours.

Just before candle lighting, it dawned on me that I couldn't possibly be prepared to take on the mitzvah of telling the story, as if I myself had come out of Egypt, without others. I begged HaShem for his help. And then had a very emotional and meaningful seder.

I wouldn't want to do it alone every year, but it was a special evening. (And there were fewer dishes to wash afterward.)

Note: I did remember, at the last minute, to put an orange on my seder plate.




I'd like to find a seder comentary that answers some of my questions...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I enjoy hearing from my readers and getting a chance to see their blogs, too!