Sunday, April 26, 2020

Sunday

My loud neighbors woke me up. I caught the bus to the center of town. Just after I got on the bus, I realized that I'd forgotten my mask. A lady gave me one and another lady gave me a backup. It was very sweet.

Alessandra and her mom invited me in. Alessandra offered me apple cake and I played with her dogs while we talked.


Then I walked to Breisheet, found everything that I needed and also the two thing my neighbor, Sophie, had asked for.


I missed a couple of buses, but eventually got back to the stop by Arlan's. We sat in the park and talked for a while. As I was walking back, a hoopoe on the path. I stood and watched him a while. When he flew away there was a flurry of black and white. A dog without its person was wandering around with a leash dragging behind him.

I did laundry and read some of the book Alessandra had loaned me, Anita Diamant's The Last Days of Dogtown. Brilliant.

In the news:
  • lots of protests - many about lock-down, some about new government; i24 focusing on artists' protest
  • small businesses haven't gotten the promised reimbursement
  • although stores are opening, a few ultra-Orthodox areas have been locked down for a week because of increased infection rates in those areas
  • partly because of the corona virus lock downs, the Israeli television show, Fauda, is becoming one of the most watched tv shows in Arab countries
  • for the month of Ramadan, government controlled television in Saudi Arabia has begun broadcasting a drama about Jews in Kuwait and the lead character is a Jewish woman
  • New Zealand is doing really well
Yoga teachers protest in front of Knesset to have their studios reopened
Arlan joined me for cat feeding. It's fascinating to see how attracted cats are to him. A sliver of the moon and Venus glowed in the sky when we were sitting in the park. There were kids playing laser tag in the dark and a girl learning to ride a bike. Louie was friendly and adorable, eventually we were joined by several other cats, who sat apart from each other.

Except for an additional restriction against visiting military cemeteries, there will be no added restrictions on Memorial Day, which begins tomorrow night. There will be a curfew on Independence Day, beginning at 5 p.m. on April 28 (Tuesday night) and ending at 8 p.m. on Wednesday.

Today is eighteen days, which is two weeks and four days of the Omer:

If you seek to change anyone’s behaviour, you have to enter into their mindset, and then
say the word or do the deed that speaks to their emotions, not yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I enjoy hearing from my readers and getting a chance to see their blogs, too!