Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Back at work

I took the #1 city bus to the beach and walked to The Dan Hotel. After eating breakfast and chatting with co-workers, I went in the Gulf to exercise. You can't see it in the pictures, but there were scores of other people walking hip-high in the water. After 40 minutes of this, I swam a few dozen strokes before sitting near the beach to dry off and read. Swimming was very difficult; I guess I haven't really regained my strength post-surgeries.



It was nice to be back and see everyone. The gulf was a shade of blue I've never seen before, and although it was very hot the breeze was fairly steady. I did stand in the water must of the day and also dunked my arms and my hat to keep cool.

Thankfully, Ayoub didn't have anyone at the pool wear the plastic face shields. He had tested one yesterday. It gave him a headache in two minutes and couldn't see through it. My friend, Alan, a waiter made the same complaints and later in the day, I saw him wearing a regular mask. 

Almost half of the kids today were really unruly. Usually, after one of the guys relieves me for an afternoon break, the kids are better behaved. Today, when I returned, Vladmir declared the kids meshugenah and practically ran away.

The behavior of about nine boys and three girls just got worse and worse. I assumed it was a post-lock-down issue, but according to my boss, "The French are the worst."

When Vladimir came to close up the slide area, the kids wouldn't take sagor (closed) for an answer. At that point, I would have blocked their way all night, but he shouted down to the lifeguard to turn the water back on and we started to send the kids down. There was further balagan because some kids decided to climb back up the slide.

Alan and I left work at the same time and walked along the tayelet together. He was going home and I was going to the regular bus stop because I don't know the correct worker bus to take to my new home and I was too tired to experiment.

Arlan had a good day, swimming and eating at Japanika. In the news, Israeli restaurant and pub owners are really worried because they can only be at partially occupancy.

There were not many cats around this evening. I was right on time, so I don't know why that was the case.

Tonight begins the 49th day of the Counting of the Omer:

We are mortal; therefore make every day count. We are fallible; therefore learn to grow from each mistake. We will not complete the journey; therefore inspire others to continue what we began.

For the first time ever, I have successfully counted all forty-nine days of the Omer!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I enjoy hearing from my readers and getting a chance to see their blogs, too!