Friday, May 1, 2020

Beltain

An hour of exercises. Very motivated. Ultimately, they should be my warm-ups for the day. For the next week or so, they'll be my whole exercise routine.

I borrowed a broom and sponga pole (a squeegie on a broom stick) from Sophie and thoroughly cleaned house.

Colored my eyebrows and put some aloe on my skin. After a shower, I had an Israeli salad and rice with tehina, followed by a pudding cup, while watching the end of a movie. (Last night, I'd watched most of a really terrible movie, Roman J Israel, Esq, but today I found myself wondering how it ended. It could have been a much better movie. At least it ended on a positive note.

It was a breezy, bright day, so I took a walk. I studied a little Hebrew and watched two Hebrew videos from Ulpan La-Inyan and a TED Talk.

I lit candles at 6:59, then went down to feed the cats. Arlan came all the way up while Boudica was eating from her can. He had seen Gray Tom at the next "stop." Arlan waited patiently until she finished. Then he waited patiently again while Gray Tom ate half of his can. I took the remainder of his can up to the fridge. Then Arlan and I went to the park to chat and admire the Imposter Louie and the real Louie.

An acquaintance called from the UK to wish me a good Shabbos. He showed me his yard and the wonderful meal he was making.

I ate an apple and honey for a treat and boiled rice for a meal. Kiddush will be recited over beer.

Today is twenty-three days, which is three weeks and two days of the Omer.

For each of us God has a task. Discerning that task,
hearing God’s call, is what gives a life meaning and purpose.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I enjoy hearing from my readers and getting a chance to see their blogs, too!