Saturday, May 16, 2020

Erev Shabbat

On Tuesday morning, I took my laptop to Mors, hoping they could find and fix the problem with the connection between the microphone on my computer and Rosetta Stone. I also asked them to clean up the hard drive as I really want that computer to last a few more years.

I gave up on looking for Boudica and Gray Tom, but named a few more of my regulars.

Tuesday night began the 34th day of the Omer:

Never let negative emotions distort your perceptions. To see
the world as it is, not as you are afraid it might be, let faith banish fear.

Wednesday, I exercised on my mat in the morning, but stayed inside most of the day reading. I finished The Case for Trump by Victor Davis Hanson and began reading another book of his about war, The Father of Us All.

In the news: Bibi mentioned Truman and Trump in one breath during Mike Pompeo's eight hour visit. (Someone else has been reading Victor Davis Hanson.) One interviewee on i24 News said we'd better hurry up and implement the peace plan before the election, implying that he believes that Trump won't win the US Presidential election.


Wednesday night began the 35th day of the Omer:

If you seek to learn, grow, pursue truth and find freedom, seek places
that welcome argument and respect dissenting views.

Thursday, I felt like a zombie. Except for a short walk in the morning and climbing the stairs to the fifth floor after feeding the cats, I got no other exercise. I read a lot, but was anxious about not having my computer and access to the internet.




Thursday night was 36 days of the Omer:

Life lives in the tension between our physical smallness and our spiritual greatness.
Life is short, but when we lift our eyes to heaven, we walk tall.

Friday morning, I took the bus to the center of town and picked the computer before my meeting with Jeff. He called Hot to set up an internet connection for my studio. (I've been using my neighbor's internet during the day and after 10 p.m.) It took a long time to get through to customer service, so by the time we were done and I'd mailed a postcard to Jessica, bus service was almost over. I caught the number 6 and now I know a new route home.

Jeff stopped by in the afternoon to look at things needing repairs. He's sending his handy man over on Monday morning, the same time that the Hot technician should be here.


Last night began the 37th day of the Omer:

By being what only we are, we contribute to humanity what only we can give.


Backgammon in park before windstorm


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I enjoy hearing from my readers and getting a chance to see their blogs, too!