Sunday, May 3, 2020

Loosening of restrictions

My alarm failed me again and I didn't have the ringer on, so I also missed Arlan's call. (I had woken up at three in the morning and not fallen back to sleep until after five.) Arlan was already in the hills when I finally called him.

I took the bus to the center. Shufersal wasn't taking temperatures before letting customers in; the Russian, non-kosher grocery store was. I picked up a few things at Stock. Alessandra texted me just after I got on the bus heading home, so I got off at her stop. There is a new cat in the neighborhood, gray with dark dray stripes who was very friendly with me. Alessandra and I chatted for quite a while.

When I got home, I realized I was a little achey from the last two day's of exercise, so I gave myself the day off and just read Dune all day.

I've been trying not to think about how long it may be until hotels open again and I can return to work.

In the news:
  • Some of the lock-down restrictions were lifted in Israel today. Schools opened in many municipalities; many parents didn't let their kids go. People are allowed to go to the beach, but not into the water. That proved unenforceable in Tel Aviv; cops couldn't keep people out of the Mediterranean. I saw an amazing video taken in near Eilat of a man diving off a boat to swim with a whale shark in the Gulf.
  • The Supreme Court heard arguments about letting Netanyahu form a new government. Since he and Gantz haven't been sworn in yet, is he a candidate or the Prime Minister? Any lower government official would have to step down if there were an indictment against him. The Court seems to think they can't overthrow the decision of the voters.
  • Israel is asking the Palestinian Authority to allow Arab workers from Judah and Samaria to come back to work. Israel is requiring employers to provide accommodations for them during two weeks of quarantine and the remaining three weeks of Ramadan. 
  • The result of Sweden's unusual approach seems to have both detractors and supporters there. I was hoping against good sense that it would turn out better than it has. (My mom's voice in my head is saying, the bleep bleep Swedes like to kill off their old people.)
There were huge numbers of people out this evening! Some walking, many obviously struggling with the start of a jogging routine.

Haguddah and the other kitties appeared from nowhere at the first stop. Boudica was waiting for me this evening. She has developed a runny nose and a sneeze. I sat with her while she ate. None of the other cats that usually meet me there showed up, but most met me at the final stop. I wandered around looking for Gray Tom, but didn't find him. Levannah's Cousin followed me all the way home instead of eating; I think she was offended that I didn't invite her into the building and bring her home.

Today is twenty-five days, which is three weeks and four days of the Omer:

In any relationship that matters to you, deliver praise daily.
Seeing and praising the good in people makes them better people,
makes you a better person, and strengthens the bond between you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I enjoy hearing from my readers and getting a chance to see their blogs, too!