Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Lock-down is really over!

I walked down to north beach today to exercise in the water and pick up my new worker-bus pass. Ayoub and Pavel were working. Later, Ayoub brought me a new bus pass and we chatted for a while.

Misedet HaMifratz (The Gulf Restaurant) almost ready for business!

 He was very proud that he'd fasted all through Ramadan. I told him, "Mazel tov!" We talked excitedly about John's and Mary Jean's expected baby. Then Ayoub warned me that at work we'll all have to be prepared for the new corona world. I wonder how hot a face screen will be when I'm up on the slide. There's no doubt that the newly-enclosed towel desk will be hot. 

The meetings Ayoub has to attend at The Dan are stressful and some of his managers are yelling at each other. There were dump trucks aimlessly navigating the beach and several inexplicable piles of dirt that worried Ayoub. He wants guests to enjoy their stay. He also pointed out something I'd noticed earlier: the umbrellas that survived the storm are in such poor shape that a strong wind will send the thatch flying across the beach. 

Ayoub hopes that coronavirus will make us all kinder people-- and pay more attention to people in Africa who have no water or food. (The world corona map shows no cases in most of Africa, but I don't know if that's a result of isolation or under-reporting; in any case, people in places like Bangladesh and Africa certainly need our help.)

When I was walking back to the bus, I saw that SunWay was open. I finished my ice-cafe and went in for an extra large burkini. (Was I just writing about the suffering in Africa and Bangladesh?)

Maya and I texted about a nice Tatar girl from her hometown. We wanted to play matchmaker for Ayoub and Galiya. We didn't immediately consider the difficulties of immigration nowadays. Such a shame, because they're both wonderful people!

In the news:

  • מה פתאום
  • i24 News is broadening is suddenly covering issues unrelated to corona virus, some more significant than others.
  • Russian mercenaries are being pulled out from a year-long war in Libya.
  • There will be no more European basketball this year. 
  • Iranian oil tankers arrive in Venezuela. 
  • China is trying to squash the pro-democracy movement in Hong Kong.
Ayoub sent out the schedule this afternoon. I will be working tomorrow, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday! Fairly long hours, too-- but I'll have time to swim before work.

Tonight begins the 48th day of the Counting of the Omer:

Whatever your achievements, there is always a second mountain to climb, 
and it may turn out to be your greatest legacy to the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I enjoy hearing from my readers and getting a chance to see their blogs, too!