Monday, May 11, 2020

Lag B'Omer and getting back to normal



If a second wave hits, I don't think Israelis will be as rule abiding as they have been. People are eagerly enjoying their "new" freedoms. Numbers of cars and pedestrians are back to normal even though many businesses aren't open. Additionally, business owners are pretty upset-- they want to re-open and presumably want to stay open.

Tonight was Lag B'Omer. Arlan and I walked along Harim Road looking for illicit bonfires. We saw a small barbeque near my building and in Nachal Shachamon  just below the bridge.


We sat there admiring the view of Aqaba and looking for constellations. Apparently, two cops in a squad car thought about stopping by us. We didn't even notice them until they were pulling away.

Tonight begins 33 (lamed gimel) days of the Omer:

When you experience suffering, the question to ask is 'Given this has happened, 
what then shall I do?’ for this has an answer not of thought but of deed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I enjoy hearing from my readers and getting a chance to see their blogs, too!