Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Bidud is definitely over

Yesterday morning, Jeff came over with a French couple. The man fixed the tap in my bathroom sink and replaced the shower-head. (Thankfully, I had purchased the correct size.) While they were examining the water stains and mold around the window and discussing paint colors, the Hot technician arrived.

He quickly connected the modem and then told me to call Hot in half an hour and ask them to connect the internet. After the technician left, I discovered that he'd disconnected the television.

I was on hold for twenty-five minutes, but since I wanted to finish some errands before the hottest part of the day, I gave up temporarily and caught the bus to the center of town.

I stopped by Macabi Pharm, where social distancing is being neglected. I got some cash from the caspomat and went to the private pharmacy-- their records say I picked up a three month supply last month, which I certainly did not. The RavKav office isn't taking cash right now, but I was able to reload my card at CASH, the money conversion stand nearby.


I spent the rest of the day (six hours) on the phone, on hold, talking to several people, being transferred, and getting at least six different stories about why the internet and television aren't working.

It was impossible to study Hebrew while the hold music played. I tried to read aloud from Hanson's book, but even that was difficult.

I did get two pieces of good news:
  • John said that the Hot office in Eilat is really good and they speak English.
  • Restaurants and swimming pools, even those in hotels, will be allowed to open on May 27.
Last night, there were far fewer cats than usual. Tonight, there were a few new cats. The city vet has been threatening to collect and neuter cats; the cats are supposed to be returned to their original neighborhoods, but often aren't.

Arlan and I met in the park. I bought a drink for each of us and we sat on a bench and chatted for a long time after sunset. 

This seems an unnecessary expense

Monday night began the 40th day of the Omer:

If you seek to change someone, make sure that you are willing to help them when they need 
your help, defend them when they need your defense, and see the good in them, not just the bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I enjoy hearing from my readers and getting a chance to see their blogs, too!