Thursday, May 21, 2020

The שרב continues...

I went out around eight, this morning and it was so hot! I got a call from the delivery service and gratefully headed home to wait for my package from the States and change into even lighter clothing. I also texted Damian about picking up my Passover bonus.

I finally had a relatively productive day! And I also watched a brilliant two-hour lecture about Solzhenitsyn, the Gulagag System, and Existentialism.

Alessandra came to visit me this evening. She stopped by Arlan's first and admired Pascal. We chatted for a long time and then walked to my place, which she hadn't seen before. We chatted until after dark.

I learned more useful Hebrew words:

לחפף l'cha'fef - to do a half-assed job (the Pa'al version of the verb means "to wash hair")
חפיפניק cha'feef'nik - someone who does a half-assed job.

It was great to have most of the gang back together again.


Neither John nor I heard from Ayoub about work.

Tonight begins the forty-third day of the counting of the Omer:

Never define yourself as a victim. There is always a choice,
and by exercising the strength to choose, we can rise above fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I enjoy hearing from my readers and getting a chance to see their blogs, too!