Sunday, May 17, 2020

Shabbat & Yom Rishon

On Shabbat morning, I studied Hebrew for a couple of hours and then, John picked me up for a trip to the beach. On the way there, he mentioned the beaches had been packed the day before. Mary Jean didn't come, but Ethan joined us for a while. The beaches were full of people. All the crappy boardwalks and astroturf are gone, and there was no garbage.

The water seemed icy cold, but I enjoyed watching the parrot fish and other fish through a mask. Later when the three of us talked on the beach, I dunked a few times to cool off. It was 44 degrees Celsius today.

Sadly, no pictures because I left my phone and other valuables in the car.

John and I picked up drinks at the store and Mary Jean made homemade pizzas.

Saturday night began the 38th day of the Omer:

If we truly wish to hand on our legacy to our children, 
we must teach them to love it.

This morning (Sunday), some guys cleared out all the empty boxes, discarded furniture, and bikes on my floor and in the stairwell. Jeff must have contacted the building's Va'ad after his visit yesterday.



I went to industrial area to purchase a new shower head and hose to replace the one's I'd accidentally broken. Home Center wasn't crowded, so my errand didn't take long.

In the afternoon, I watched some political videos on YouTube and read more of The Father of Us All. In the evening, after feeding the cats, I began reading a book John had loaned me, Future Tense by Rabbi Sack. An odd combination of books, I know.

Tonight begins the 39th day of the Omer:

Life is a journey, not a destination. We should constantly set ourselves 
new challenges that take us out of our comfort zone. Life is growth.

Although hotels and restaurants are still closed, lock-down is more or less over. It may be weeks or even months before I can return to work, but these posts may be coming to an end, unless I take some amazing photos or think of something engaging to write about.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I enjoy hearing from my readers and getting a chance to see their blogs, too!