Sunday, May 24, 2020

Rebuilding Eilat

Today is the 45th day of the Counting of the Omer:

Never be in too much of a rush to stop and come to the aid of someone in need of help.

This morning, there were no tourists and few Eilatis on the tayelet:


Some rebuilding along north beach:


The Dan Hotel's umbrellas survived the storm; its board walks did not:


I saw Alessandra's mom and sat with her for a while. Alessandra came out of the sea like Bo Derick. (I guess a more high brow reference would be Aphrodite, but Bo Derick is who came to my mind.)


I walked in the surf for a while:


Below is a view of the Dan from the water. The storm waves reached all the way to the bottom of the red "rocks" beneath the Dan's water slide.


(I peaked through the gate and saw Ayoub, Pavel, Damien, and two other men I didn't recognize, cleaning up the pool area.)

A nice place to read and enjoy the views:


On my way back to the bus stop. I window shopped for a new burkini (SunWear was closed), actually purchased two pairs of harem pants, and chatted with workers at Misedet HaMifratz (The Gulf Restaurant)-- they will reopen on Wednesday!


In the news:
  • Israelis are celebrating the 20 year anniversary of the withdrawal from Lebanon. That means 14 years of (relative) peace.
  • The left and right are demonstrating outside the PM's residence, so loudly they drown out i24's reporter.


Tonight begins the 46th day of the Counting of the Omer:

Make sure the story you tell is one that speaks to your highest aspirations, and tell it regularly.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I enjoy hearing from my readers and getting a chance to see their blogs, too!